Friday 14 December 2012

Road trip snacks

With the holiday fast approaching I thought today might be a good day to start getting my snacks in order for my 12 hr trip to the rents for the holidays. I'm preparing savoury chips today! I have made 3 different kinds of Kale chips and 3 different kinds of squash, sweet potato chips. Super excited! So excited in fact I ate 1 tray of kale chips before they were kale chips! Oops! Anyway to make the base of the chips see below...

Chip base
2tbsp olive oil
3tbsp brags liquid aminos
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (gives a cheesy flavour)
Then any spices you might like
First mix the liquids with your choice of veggie (sweet potato, kale, squash, carrot, parsnip, yuca, whatever you desire root vegetables are the best) after everything is glistening sprinkle spices to cover and nutritional yeast. Mix so everything is really coated and place on dehydrator trays. Dehydrate at 115 degrees until they are crispy.

I use garlic in everything and then add other spices to that like dill, freak herbs, Italian herbs, chillis anything the sky is the limit. I put this mixture on any chip I choose to make no matter what it is then add my spices to it delicious.

These are my fav thing to make and have on hand when I'm craving something crunchy and not so good for me. My brain doesn't know the difference!




No comments:

Post a Comment