Wednesday 9 January 2013

Guacamole

Today is one if those days I wish I had that vitamix oh well make due with what I got! I had some beautifully ripe avocados in the fridge and all these veggies that I new I needed to eat up soon. i love dipping my raw veg in dips but all the dips Im used to include dairy and we all know what dairy does to me.....phew stay away! I decided to make some guacamole with these beautiful avocados and perfect for dipping my veggies into. I cheat when I make guacamole... Usually have pre packaged spices in my cupboard. I try to get the simply organic brand or epicure has a great guac. Spice that I always keep in stock. The only problem with these is they always call for sour cream which I want to avoid at all costs so I replaced it with cashew cream.
Guacamole
2ripe avocados
juice of 1/2 a lemon squeezed (2tbsp)
1/2 cup thick cashew cream
3tbsp of guacamole spice
Sometimes I add 1 or 2 cloves of garlic

To make the cashew cream soak cashews in water for 4 hrs or more. They will become puffy. I usually soak a cup at a time and keep handy for use cover with 1.5 cups water. Place in blender blend till smooth. Once it's smooth the mixture should be creamy I like to put my mixture in a but milk bag and squeeze the liquid from it leaving pulp. This is what I use in my guac with about 1-2tbsp of nut milk liquid.

This guacamole is so filling and tasty I love it! And it's great to dip veggies in or raw crackers, raw cornchips anything you like to dip really. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment